Thursday, June 27, 2013

Travel Notification!!!

    FINALLY!!!!!! I mean just in case you don't understand the title, I GOT MY FLIGHT TO ITALY!!! I am so happy to finally know exactly when I leave because it just makes things more real. I have to fly to fly from NYC to Zurich, Switzerland and after about 4 hours worth of layover I will board my flight to ROME!!!! I am supposed to arrive in NYC on the 4th of September and be there no later than 4 p.m. (which I see 2 flights that will allow me to get there before 2 p.m.). I also have my baggage allowance which is 1 checked in Luggage up to 44 pounds and 1 carry-on up to 22 pounds. I am not a virgin flyer, I've have been on airplanes several times and I always over pack; however, I am determined to actually pack lighter which is a challenge within itself because I always feel like I will miss something.
  
    Also, my gateway orientation site is at the JFK Hilton Hotel, I am so excited to meet all of the other Americans coming to Italy this year as well!!!!

Carrier NameCarrier No.DirectionDEPARTUREARRIVAL
LocationDateTimeLocationDateTime
Swiss International Air Lines17DepartureJFK - New York - John F. Kennedy, NY5-September-136:05 PMZRH - Zürich - Kloten6-September-138:05 AM
Swiss International Air Lines1736DepartureZRH - Zürich - Kloten6-September-1312:30 PMFCO - Rome - Fiumicino6-September-132:05 PM
                                                                      My flight!!!!

The best thing is that at some point within these next 69 days (not like I'm counting or anything...ok I am) I will get my host family, which is going to make me soooooo happy! So many good changes coming into my life, I am seriously so blessed!!!!

Well that is it for now until next time!
-Shayla

No comments:

Post a Comment