Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Rosetta Stone will be the death of me!!!!

So as you can probably guess I started Rosetta Stone today because Italy gave me my login info. And let me tell you I had no idea that Rosetta Stone was only in the targeted language, no translations. So the whole entire program is in Italian and there is no english! Umm... Yikes! haha I haven't been doing too bad which I have to thank my 3 or 4 years of Spanish, because some words are the same or very similar but spanish is spanish and Italian is Italian and I am still very lost on some things. I obviously started on level 1 because I don't want to jump the gun and I am glad I did, my account will expire on November 30 of this year and there is 5 levels. I only have to complete 1 level, if not then I pay 50 Euro to AFS-Italy but i am like 1/5 done with the level anyways and it is my first day. So no real worries about that.

I also got a package thingy from AFS with general papers of the whole entire AFS process, rules, tips on packing and booking domestic flights and a lot of other info. I only read like 15 pages but I actually learned some stuff, it is not country specific. AFS-Italy will send their own Guide books with info on culture and language and all that good stuff.
Yeah it's self explanatory
 
Nothing else to talk talk about, so until next time.
-Shayla

No comments:

Post a Comment