Thursday, July 25, 2013

6 weeks left...

Guys I have only 6 weeks left in Ohio before I have to fly to NYC, 6 weeks and 1 day until I fly to Switzerland and 6 weeks and 2 days until I arrive in Rome with all of the other amazing AFSers.

I am not sure how I feel about all of this, it is all happening really quickly and I don't know how to feel about this. I am in no way regretting my decision (in fact I haven't done that this far) but it just doesn't seem real yet. Going abroad has bee a dream of mines for so long and now that it is actually happening I am kind of taking it day by day. Time is flying and I haven't really realized it, all of this time I have been like "September can't come quick enough" and now I am at the end of July and reality still hasn't set in.

I think this may be because I actually haven't left yet but my mind knows that I am leaving for 10 months but the rest of me haven't quite got that concept yet (it's weird, I know) it's kind of hard to explain. I am nervous that something might go wrong, that my luggage might get lost, my classmates won't like me, or that I won't fair well with my host family. These worries are not consuming my mind but they are still somewhere in my cranium ^.^ Every returnee I have talked to says my exchange year will be the most emotional year of my life. They weren't lying, I am emotional and I haven't even left yet. 

As far as AFS news goes, I got 2 emails from AFS, one for my country conference call- where I can talk to other kids going to Italy and a returnee from Italy ( this call is Italy specific). The other email asking for me to go back to my doctor for another medical evaluation just to make sure I am still on the up and up. Well that is about all I have got to say at this point.

Arrivederci, Shayla

P.S. I still have to finish Rosetta Stone :(

2 comments:

  1. I am relating to this post so much right now. Not regretting the decision to go abroad, but starting to think about how little time there is left until you leave and everything that has to happen. I'm there right now!

    ReplyDelete