Thursday, July 11, 2013

I can see into the future...AFS is apart of it

 So besides my weird title I am making this post on where I see my future with AFS. If you didn't know my family hosted an Austrian girl 2 years ago (and we are still close) but I must say that besides my exchange coming up in 55 days, I am really inspired to work with AFS when I come back. I want to volunteer and help AFSers, I actually want to volunteer now (but I don't want to overwhelm myself,so I am going to wait until I come back) and I am going to try and fully commit myself to it.

 I even want to be one of those families that host a student every year!!! Really exchanging culture can be an addiction and I think I am addicted. Once I get older and have my own family, I want them to be AFSers, exchanging culture is such a beautiful thing! The people I have talked to now from different countries have really been nice and accepting of me, I love how exchange can connect people and create a bond you didn't even know existed.

 I haven't departed yet and I feel more mature, more aware. (I cannot seriously wait to see how I am when I come back!!!!) =D It isn't always easy (trust me when I hosted I found that out) but it is definitely beautiful and worth it!

 I signed up to go on exchange with AFS for 10 months but I am definitely NOT just going to stop being an AFSer after those months are up, I will always stay involved because I am just that passionate about it!!! I don't think I can truly express how happy/exciting/magical this can be, I might sound a little repetitive but really that is just how inspired I am! Thanks AFS!

Arrivederci, Shayla

No comments:

Post a Comment