Wednesday, July 31, 2013

HOST FAMILY!!!! :)

So the inevitable (which I thought was impossible happened) I have been permanently placed with a host family!!!! So this happen last Thursday on July 25th but I have been so busy communicating with them and looking into my host city that I forgot to blog about it.

I AM PLACED IN SARNO, SALERNO (province), Campania (state), Italy!!!! :)

I cannot say that I am anything less than excited/overwhelmed. (I still am in shock)

My family is very special and traditional. I say special because originally I thought I would just be living with my host parents Antonietta and Domenico and my host brother Antonio (20 years older than me) but upon further inspection I realized I am living with many more family members! In fact, I am living with the whole family!!! (which is like 18 people) From what I gathered my host family owns a large residential building filled with beautiful Italian apartments all occupied by Lanzetta's (family name). So I will share a big apartment with my host parents but in all actuality I will be "living" with the entire family and we all eat dinner together on Saturdays and Sundays!!

My host dad Domenico loves the arts especially photography. My host mom is very traditional and love to cook Italian food and my host brother loves volleyball and he is a music DJ!!! I don't think AFS could have placed me with a better host family, everyone seems so nice and excited to meet me.

As far as Sarno goes, I don't have many photos of the city but it is like 38,000 people and it is like 10 km from Salerno (the city) which is a beach city of like 150,000 ( the population of my hometown Dayton) and 20 km away from Naples which is a super large city!!! And I am in the south of Italy (which I am not even going to lie, I wanted to be in the south sooooo bad) where it doesn't snow and has beautiful beaches. =D Life is good! Now that I have a host family, I really want to leave so bad but I don't need to rush things as I still have to get my visa info turned in! #DetroitBound

I almost forgot to mention that my local AFS volunteer in Sarno Facebook messaged me today, (which was crazy because he added me months ago when he saw I was coming to Italy) and told me how excited he was to meet me and the other volunteers are excited to meet me!!! Gotta love AFS <3

I am in such a happy mood, I hope you are too!
-Shayla


                                                           Side View of my Host family's house
                                                         Mountain View of Sarno
                                                                       City of Salerno
Naples




No comments:

Post a Comment