Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Host School!!!

Hey guys and gals,

   I got my host school on Sunday and I will be attending Istituto Scolastico Caro but the official long name is Liceo Ginnasio Statale T. Lucrezio Caro. I am pretty sure I will be in class with the 4th year students since that is the equivalent to senior year here in the US. In Italy they have 5 years of high school so I think I will be with other 17/18 year olds.

I have been looking at my Italian school's website and it seems to be a pretty good school! That make me happy because my american school is recognized nationally (and it is a performing arts school) but my Italian school is also a little different than "regular" Italian schools. It is a combination of Linguistic, Classic and Science school. My host dad told me he thinks I will be in Linguistic school.

    The school is down the street from my host family's house and I think my host cousin also goes to the same school. On top of that my school has some school sports!!! (Not common in Europe)

My school has their own website (which I have been stalking): http://www.licei.org/index.htm

I am soooooo excited!!! Also, I found some pictures of my host city on Instagram. It's amazing what #Sarno will pull up.





                               Go-Karting is huge in my city!


 I am not 100% about this but I am sure the yellow building farthest to the left (3 stories in height) is my host family's house! It looks really pretty!!!




Italy is so beautiful and it amazes me ( and still shocks me) that I will be living here for 10 months!

Arrivederci,
Shayla


No comments:

Post a Comment