Monday, August 19, 2013

Is this even real???? Pinch me I must be dreaming...

   So I am going to be in Italy in 2 1/2 weeks. THIS IS UNREAL!!! Like what? Is this actually my life? I am going to live in Italy for 10 months? YES, this is my life and I will live in Italy for 10 months.

   I can't express how busy I have been lately. All I seem to do is exchange related stuff. Last week I had a doctor's appointment with my favorite doctor, (and probably the best Orthopedic surgeon in the world, man I am going to miss him) Dr. Gurd at the Cleveland Clinic to make sure everything is fine with me before I leave, and of course I am healthy. Then the next day I drove with my family to Detroit to go to the Italian Consulate, which is actually really easy once you have all of the documents. I forgot 2 things but I faxed it to them, so now I just wait for them to mail me back my passport, documents and visa. :)

  I also just booked my flight to New York, which was because of my procrastination. But I will leave Ohio a 6:45 a.m. and after a layover in Atlanta I will arrive in NYC at 12:30 p.m. Honestly, every time I have to fly it is like super early in the morning and I will be up all day, I am going to be soooo tired. (STARBUCKS I WANT MY CARAMEL MACCHIATO!!!) 

  In host family news, I learned how my host family is awesome and respected!! And how much they love food <3 Mi piace! I also have been messaging my local AFS Volunteer in Sarno and he informed me he will be in Rome when I arrive!!! I am pretty sure he is just as excited to meet me as I am to meet him! He also told me the AFS president of my chapter is friends with my host family. (I told you they were awesome)

  Now the only things I have to do is pack, finish Rosetta Stone & get my visa. Life is so much easier now that I am only a few weeks away from Departure.

Arrivederci,
Shayla
P.S. I got my AFS-USA Luggage Tags :)

No comments:

Post a Comment