Sunday, August 25, 2013

Local AFS Picnic

   So I just got back from my AFS Picnic for Dayton and there are 17 exchange students in my city, (Not my entire chapter in Cincinnati there it is like 50) I was so happy to be there because I was extremely sad about leaving last week and this picnic made me very excited!!!

   So I basically just ate food and talked to a lot of people mostly volunteers, there is an Italian girl here in Centerville (TURN UP) and I am very excited about it! 

   In other news I was talking to a guy who is near my city in Italy (former exchange to Portugal) and he was talking to the Japanese guy in my city (who is not actually in my city but like 10 minutes away) and I got to be friends with both the Japanese guy and the Italian boy. Then the Italian boy told me about an Italian girl in my city who is in the same school as me and she just got back from her exchange in Sweden with AFS and she was so nice to me, and she is going to show me around and introduce me to her friends!

   I am sorry if my post is confusing, I am also watching the VMA's which is terrible like it is every year!

   Anyways I am leaving in 10 days and my emotions last week were crazy because I have been going to school, to enjoy my 2 weeks of Senior year in my american high school, which made me want to stay here for a little longer (and I like a guy) but then I talked to my local Italian Volunteers (who are funny by the way, thanks Adriano and Riccardo) and the Italians and they make me feel much better. Also, Katie (who messaged me which I was so happy about) because at least I know I can talk to another exchange student about my problems.

   Now I started the process of packing and it is all so real. I have been waiting for my departure day for so long and now it is here! It is crazy!!!! I love this feeling of knowing that my life will be completely different when I come back next year!!!!

    Arrivederci,
    Shayla

No comments:

Post a Comment